Merritt Wever gives shortest acceptance speech ever at Emmys
Washington: Merritt Wever gave the shortest acceptance speech in the history of Emmy Awards, when she received the honor for `best supporting actress in a comedy series` for Nurse Jackie.
Wever just managed to utter thank you so very much before saying that she had to go, CBS News reported.
The 33-year-old actress said that she made a quick exit after realizing that she was about to cry.
However, Wever`s brief speech became a hit with the audience as the show`s host, Neil Patrick Harris, commented that it was the best speech ever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles