Merritt Wever gives shortest acceptance speech ever at Emmys
Washington: Merritt Wever gave the shortest acceptance speech in the history of Emmy Awards, when she received the honor for `best supporting actress in a comedy series` for Nurse Jackie.
Wever just managed to utter thank you so very much before saying that she had to go, CBS News reported.
The 33-year-old actress said that she made a quick exit after realizing that she was about to cry.
However, Wever`s brief speech became a hit with the audience as the show`s host, Neil Patrick Harris, commented that it was the best speech ever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Hug Day' in this unique way!