Meryl Streep tired of awards
London: Hollywood star Meryl Streep hates asking people to attend awards ceremonies with her.
The 64-year-old actress has been nominated for an Oscar 18 times and won three of the coveted statuettes, and her husband Don Gummer is no longer impressed when she wins prizes, reported Contactmusic.
"She just always hates asking people or having people asked to come support her. She gets tired of it ... After a while what can they say," Gummer said.
Gummer recently accompanied Streep to 14th annual Monte Cristo Award by the Eugene O`Neill Theatre Center, where the actress won an award for artistic commitment to excellence and accomplishment in arts in New York.
Though he was there to support her, he said that her win no longer excites him. Asked if he gets sick of watching her pick up honours, he said, "Not sick, I just don`t get excited."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!