Meryl Streep tired of awards
London: Hollywood star Meryl Streep hates asking people to attend awards ceremonies with her.
The 64-year-old actress has been nominated for an Oscar 18 times and won three of the coveted statuettes, and her husband Don Gummer is no longer impressed when she wins prizes, reported Contactmusic.
"She just always hates asking people or having people asked to come support her. She gets tired of it ... After a while what can they say," Gummer said.
Gummer recently accompanied Streep to 14th annual Monte Cristo Award by the Eugene O`Neill Theatre Center, where the actress won an award for artistic commitment to excellence and accomplishment in arts in New York.
Though he was there to support her, he said that her win no longer excites him. Asked if he gets sick of watching her pick up honours, he said, "Not sick, I just don`t get excited."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases