Meryl Streep tired of awards
London: Hollywood star Meryl Streep hates asking people to attend awards ceremonies with her.
The 64-year-old actress has been nominated for an Oscar 18 times and won three of the coveted statuettes, and her husband Don Gummer is no longer impressed when she wins prizes, reported Contactmusic.
"She just always hates asking people or having people asked to come support her. She gets tired of it ... After a while what can they say," Gummer said.
Gummer recently accompanied Streep to 14th annual Monte Cristo Award by the Eugene O`Neill Theatre Center, where the actress won an award for artistic commitment to excellence and accomplishment in arts in New York.
Though he was there to support her, he said that her win no longer excites him. Asked if he gets sick of watching her pick up honours, he said, "Not sick, I just don`t get excited."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins today
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!