Michael Barrymore attempted suicide twice
London: Television anchor Micahel Barrymore has revealed he attempted committing suicide two times in the past.
The 62-year-old `My Kind of People` star said he feels better now, but was once in the clutches of alcohol addiction and depression, reportedly.
"I`ve been taken off to the hospital a couple of times. Too many pills, just chuck a load in my mouth. I think that was a cry for help," he said on a television chat show.
Barrymore did not specify when the suicide attempts took place but assured his depression is not currently as severe. "I`m a good boy now. I`m obviously not successful at it because I`m here," he said.
The star, known for his comic timing, has publicly battle depression, alcoholism and drug addiction. He said wealth and fame did not affect his condition.
"When you`re in the depths and the throes of your depression and your addiction, I end up in the corner of the room staring at the wall. And it doesn`t matter how big the house is or how small the flat is, you end up in exactly the same spot thinking `What`s the point?`" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar comes up with THIS 'app' idea to help martyrs' families
- Ajay Devgn's mother Veena hospitatlised
- Bigg Boss 10: Celebrities seek votes for Bani J
- 'Raees' promotions by train: Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu orders probe into Vadodara station death
- Raees: Reasons why the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is a MUST WATCH