Michael Jackson doctor was not vetted, says Katherine Jackson
London: A lawyer for Michael Jackson`s mother Katharine has said that the singer`s promoters failed to properly vet doctor Conrad Murray - who`s convicted of causing his death from a drug overdose.
Katherine and the King of Pop`s three kids have said that AEG Live should be held responsible for Michael`s death in 2009, the BBC reported.
However, the promoters have asserted that they did nothing wrong and could not have foreseen Jackson`s death on the eve of his comeback tour.
Brian Panish, who represents Michael`s relatives, told a court in Los Angeles that AEG Live was the only party, which maintained that it was unaware of his addiction to prescription drugs.
He told a jury of six men and six women that over the years Michael`s family and people who knew him believed that he had a problem with prescription medication.