Michael Jackson frightened me, says director of comeback tours
London: Kenny Ortega, who was the director of Michael Jackson`s planned comeback shows, said that the singer`s appearance was `very troubling` at a rehearsal, just days before his death in June 2009.
He told the jury that Michael frightened him, saying that based on the King of Pop`s condition, he didn`t believe that the ` This Is It ` concerts could go forward, the BBC reported.
Ortega asserted that Michael looked like he was under the influence of an unknown substance during at least four rehearsals, he also said that he was under the impression that Michael`s strange behaviour followed visits to his doctor.
He said that Michael`s state was `fairly obvious` to others involved in the production.
The 63-year-old explained that Michael also missed many scheduled rehearsals, adding that during a session six days before his death, he was cold, shivering and looked lost.
He told the court that Michael improved somewhat as the night went on but wasn`t coherent when he arrived that day. The singer didn`t rehearse that night.
Ortega said that he repeatedly called Murray that night and sent an email to alert AEG officials about Michael`s condition and trusted them to get Michael appropriate care.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India