Michael Jackson frightened me, says director of comeback tours
London: Kenny Ortega, who was the director of Michael Jackson`s planned comeback shows, said that the singer`s appearance was `very troubling` at a rehearsal, just days before his death in June 2009.
He told the jury that Michael frightened him, saying that based on the King of Pop`s condition, he didn`t believe that the ` This Is It ` concerts could go forward, the BBC reported.
Ortega asserted that Michael looked like he was under the influence of an unknown substance during at least four rehearsals, he also said that he was under the impression that Michael`s strange behaviour followed visits to his doctor.
He said that Michael`s state was `fairly obvious` to others involved in the production.
The 63-year-old explained that Michael also missed many scheduled rehearsals, adding that during a session six days before his death, he was cold, shivering and looked lost.
He told the court that Michael improved somewhat as the night went on but wasn`t coherent when he arrived that day. The singer didn`t rehearse that night.
Ortega said that he repeatedly called Murray that night and sent an email to alert AEG officials about Michael`s condition and trusted them to get Michael appropriate care.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi takes up 'Fear vs Neerja' challenge!
- Can't take freedom of speech for granted; religion in politics is not healthy: Kamal Haasan
- Sunny Deol's fans give thumps up to 'Ghayal Once Again', mints Rs 14.85 cr!
- Henry Cavill flaunts new look for upcoming flick 'Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice'
- Second dialogue promo of 'Neerja' is here!