Michael Jackson`s ex-security chief reveals drug concerns for superstar
Johannesburg: A former security official employed by the late Michael Jackson has testified that he was concerned that the star would overdose on prescription medications in the early 2000s, but didn`t see signs of impairment later that decade.
Michael La Perruque told the jury that he occasionally went into the singer`s hotel suite to make sure he was breathing and would often find doctors treating the pop superstar when he traveled, Channel 24 reported.
He said he didn`t see any signs that Jackson was impaired during the few months he worked for him again.
He however testified, that he last saw Jackson two weeks before his death and he looked fine, but he noticed that his former boss was skinnier than usual.
Despite seeing the entertainer impaired, La Perruque said he never saw Jackson take any drugs or saw any signs of medications lying around, adding that the singer did try to get help and be sober.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai