Michael Jackson`s family keen on buying his Neverland ranch
London: Michael Jackson`s family is keen on purchasing Neverland Ranch, the estate where the King of Pop stayed for 20 years and even raised his three children.
Jackson`s executors took the 19 million pounds property off the market despite bids from several potential buyers including celebrity couple Jay Z and Beyonce, reported Daily Star.
Jackson`s mother, Katherine, said they intend to purchase the 3,000-acre estate if they win their current civil case at LA Superior Court against entertainment giant AEG.
Katherine and Jackson`s children Prince, 16, Paris, 15, and Blanket, 11, have already been granted the permission to re-open Neverland this summer.
The family intend to spend a week in one wing of the dilapidated house. They want to pay a private tribute to the singer on his fourth death anniversary. Jackson died at the age of 50 in June, 2009.
"It was Paris who persuaded her grandmother and brothers that Neverland should never be sold and should always remain in family hands," a source said.
"She misses her father terribly and says the happiest time of her life was when she and her brothers lived with their father at the ranch. Katherine has agreed they should fight to keep it," the source added.
The family would have to buy back the 15 per cent of the estate owned by a company that refinanced it to stop Jackson being evicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- How 16-year-old Markandeya defied death; lesson we can learn
- Valentine week: Top WhatsApp messages you can send on 'Chocolate Day'!
- Valentine week: Why 'chocolates' not diamonds are a girl's best friend!
- What is the colour of your aura – Your Zodiac sign will tell you