Michael Jackson`s mum `to testify again` in singer`s death trial
Washington: One of the concert promoter AEG Live`s lawyers has revealed that they will call back Michael Jackson`s mother, Katherine, to testify as its last witness in their defence of the wrongful-death lawsuit, on Monday.
Katherine, 82, who is the guardian of her son`s three children, was deposed for nine hours over three days by AEG Live lawyers, CNN reported.
The concert promoter`s lead attorney said that he would like to question the 83-year-old Jackson family matriarch "about the absurdity of the damages" she wants the jury to award if they decide the concert promoter is liable in the pop icon`s death.
Meanwhile, a Jackson lawyer argued that AEG Live`s intention is to show the lawsuit`s purpose is greed, while the judge suggested that any mother is free to say that there is no amount of money that would substitute for the loss of her son.
Katherine and her grandchildren Prince, Paris and Blanket contend that AEG Live is liable in the singer`s death in 2009 because it negligently hired, retained or supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, who has been convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success