Michael Jackson `would have earned $1.5 b on comeback tour`
New York: Michael Jackson would have been able to earn 1.5 billion dollars if he would have performed at `This Is It` tour and created a Las Vegas show before his death based on his music, an accounting expert said.
Arthur Erk, a public accountant who conducts royalty audits for musicians, told jurors that the King of Pop would have earned that much from the shows if he would have hiked up the charge for later shows on the ` This Is It ` tour, the New York Daily News reported.
According to Erk, he had just used conservative estimates to figure Jackson`s earning potential if he had lived for several more years.
The estimates also accounted for endorsements and royalties that Jackson could have earned and are heavily dependent on the idea that Jackson would have performed a 37-month world tour.
The figures also took into account about 134 million dollars that Jackson would have spent before retiring from show business at age 65.
Jackson signed on for only 50 shows in London, however, contracts indicated that longer tour was a possibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!