Michelle Obama hosting party for cast and crew of `42` at White House
Washington: First lady Michelle Obama is hosting a White House event for the cast and crew of upcoming flick `42` on Tuesday, which will include actor Harrison Ford and director Brian Helgeland.
The movie tells the life story of Jackie Robinson, who in 1947 became the first African American to play Major League Baseball.
Ford plays his manager and Chadwick Boseman plays Robinson in the film, due in theaters April 12.
Robinson`s widow, Rachel, will also attend the White House event, the Politico reported.
Some 80 high school and college students from across the country have been invited to the event, which will include a discussion about the movie, Jackie Robinson and the inspirational themes from his life, the White House said.
The event follows a similar one earlier this year, when Obama hosted the cast and crew of `Beasts of the Southern Wild.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai