Michelle Obama’s surprise cameo at Oscars draws conservative criticism
New York: As Michelle Obama announced the nominees and winner of the Best Picture category at the Oscars, conservative critics gave a big thumbs down to the handling of Hollywood’s most important annual production.
The surprise appearance of the at the end of the night was said to be “jarring” according to Christian Toto, assistant editor at Breitbart’s Big Hollywood, the new York Daily News reported.
“It seemed inappropriate if you’re a film fan or a conservative or both like I am. She doesn’t have any direct connection to Hollywood, so there’s no real reason to give her the plummest gig of the evening,” he said.
“It reinforces the perception that Hollywood leans towards the left — there’s no way that this would have happened with Laura Bush giving out the night’s biggest award,” he added.
While Laura Bush was involved in the 2002 Oscar telecast — during her husband’s first administration — it was a taped soundbite that appeared during a homage to movies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Johnny Depp's lawyer responds to Amber Heard's abuse allegations
- 'Veerappan' Box Office collections, movie mints Rs 1.77 cr on first day!
- 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' movie review: A visual extravaganza