Miguel arrested for drunk driving
Los Angeles: Grammy-winning R&B singer Miguel has been arrested for driving under influence of alcohol.
The `Adorn` singer was originally pulled over because of speed violation and illegal tinted windows, but the officer noticed the smell of alcohol and performed some field sobriety tests, which Miguel failed, reported Ace Showbiz.
A spokesperson for California Highway Patrol Corina Munoz said that an officer pulled over Miguel`s car in the intersection of Lincoln Boulevard and Mindaneo Way.
Miguel, who collaborated with Mariah Carey in `Beautiful`, was taken into custody and released a few hours later after posting USD 5,000 bail. His court appearance has been scheduled for September.
The 27-year-old singer is currently nominated for two MTV Music Video Awards. Besides receiving nomination in Best Hip-Hop Video category for his work in J Cole`s video `Powertrip`, he is nominated for Best Video with a Social Message through his hit `Candle in the Sun`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!