Miley Cyrus defends use of little people on tour
London: Singer Miley Cyrus has defended her use of people with short height as backup dancers in her tour.
The 22-year-old `We Can`t Stop` hitmaker said she was accompanied by short-height people on stage for her current Bangerz Tour for fun and not because of their height.
"They`re just like dancing, doing these cute moves and they`re awesome dancers just on their own. It`s not me telling them how to be. It`s really funny how serious people take it. And (people are) like, `You`re racist.` And I`m like, `Really?` We`re like a bunch of kids dancing around in, like, bear (suits), we don`t do choreography," she said.
One of Miley`s former backup dancers Hollis Jane said she does not blame Miley.
"Little people need to stop being seen, in my opinion, in the media as jokes," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oscars 2017 Best Picture award announcement gaffe: Donald Trump reacts!
- Virendra Sehwag’s reply to Gurmehar Kaur’s post row: Don’t hang me over a laugh, writes Randeep Hooda
- Ranbir Kapoor’s ex-girlfriends - Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif - to do a film together!
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey