Miley Cyrus faces backlash over ‘forget Jesus’ tweet
Washington: Miley Cyrus tweeted a photo of theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss which had a quote that included the words ‘Forget Jesus’.
Along with the photo, she had added ‘beautiful’.
Krauss’ quote says, “You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded, because the elements (carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, all things that matter for evolution) weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in stars. So forget Jesus. Stars died so you can live”.
Cyrus’s fans were furious that she would tweet a photo that said the words ‘forget Jesus’ and slammed the singer.
“So you are no longer a Christian? Forget Jesus??? Seriously? What has happened to you out there in the famous world? What????” Fox News quoted one fan as tweeting.
Another told the singer to simply ‘Go to hell’.
Cyrus, who has come under fire in recent years for her increasingly risque choices and possible references to drug use, said that she had bad dreams all night.
“How can people take the love out of science and bring hate into religion so easily,” she wrote.
“It makes me sad to think the world is this way. Like Einstein says Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!