Miley Cyrus gets rescued pig as birthday gift from PETA
Los Angeles: Singer-actress Miley Cyrus received a rescued pig on her birthday from animal rights organization PETA.
The People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) gifted the pig named Nora to honour the "So Undercover" actress, who turned 20 on Friday. The pig has found a new home at Kindred Spirits Sanctuary in Florida.
"PETA knew that sponsoring a rescued pig was the perfect birthday present for a young woman who spends so much time encouraging others to help animals," PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said.
"From promoting animal adoption to speaking up for cows who suffer on dairy fams, Miley never stops letting her millions of fans know what they can do to make the world a kinder place."
The pig was not the only gift the organization gave to Liam Hemsworth`s fiancee. It also gave a hand to promote a donation page made by Cyrus` fans to celebrate her birthday this year.
The "Can`t Be Tamed" singer thanked her fans on Friday for their attention to her, saying, "So much BIRFFFDAY (sic) love!... I wish everyday was like this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Teddy Day' with these cute gift options!
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- How 16-year-old Markandeya defied death; lesson we can learn
- Valentine week: Top WhatsApp messages you can send on 'Chocolate Day'!