Miranda Kerr donates USD 100,000 to baby elephant charity
London: Supermodel Miranda Kerr has donated USD 100,000 to a charity that helps baby elephants in Thailand.
The 30-year-old model recently handed the cheque to Soraida Salwala, who is the founder of the organisation, reportedly.
The funds will ensure that the baby elephants at the special hospital in Lampang, Thailand, will remain nourished.
"We have elephants like baby Naka, who is now one year old. His mother tried to kill him at birth, but we fed him for one year with goats milk to help him grow. Miss Miranda Kerr`s generous donation of USD 100,000 will be for our milk fund," Salwala said.
"In her honour we have named the fund Miranda Kerr`s Baby Elephants Milk Fund. She is a beautiful and good woman to help elephants. When I thanked her, Miss Kerr said she appreciated what my foundation was doing," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- Kangana Ranaut birthday special: The bold and beautiful 'Queen' who knows how to rule!