Miss India Earth 2013 promotes safe drinking water
New Delhi: Shobhita Dhulipalia, Miss India Earth 2013, is set to spread awareness about the importance of safe drinking water.
Shobhita has associated herself with Pureit, a water purifier brand from Hindustan Unilever Ltd, and she will promote their initiative "Unilever Pureit Protecting Lives Program".
Integrated Village Development Program (IVDP) is Pureit’s key NGO partner in Tamil Nadu’s Krishnagiri district, where Shobhita spent a few days with the villagers to promote the cause of “Safe Drinking Water”.
During her stay at Krishnagiri, she spoke to the villagers about the need for safe drinking water and also helped install Pureit water purifiers in many households in Thopdikupam village in Krishnagiri district.
“I feel proud to be associated with ‘Unilever Pureit Protecting Lives Program’, a unique initiative that provides Pureit water purifiers to the poor through micro-financing, making safe drinking water a reality to these villagers through small instalments,” she said in a statement.
“Besides providing safe drinking water, the program also creates job opportunities for the locals. With this initiative, together we can eradicate water borne diseases and look forward to a safer and healthier Earth,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute