Missionaries Of Charity inspires Gaurav Gupta`s SS line
New Delhi: Designer Gaurav Gupta`s Missionaries Of Charity inspired collection opened the second day of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) Spring/Summer 2014.
The collection drew visual references from the religious dress of Missionaries Of Charity and the Portrait of an Old Woman, by famous German painter Hans Memling, which was also on display on the ramp.
The blue colour stripe, which is an integral part of the cotton sarees worn by the sisters of the organization, has been used alongwith colours from Memling`s painting.
"My line is titled `Moderate`. Besides drawing inspiration from the Missionaries Of Charity, my Spring-Summer line is also a contextualization of the state of affairs in the country right now, which is very extreme with terrorism and everything," Gupta told reporters after the show.
Models sashayed down the ramp in poncho styled tops, crop tops, maxi dresses, pallazo pants, striped skirts and sarees teamed with jackets. Gupta has also developed hand woven jacquard checks along with stripes.
Paromita Banerjee showcased her colourful collection titled `Safed Rang part 2`, which was reminiscent of the second fashion week collection of the designer way back in 2010.
"I was itching to start from where I had left off. Hence, I decided to get the second part of Safed Rang. The silhouettes are the contemporary versions of old classics," Paromita said. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sameera Reddy blessed with baby boy!
- Miss India UAE Nivetha debuts in 'Oru Naal Koothu'
- Daddy Akshay Kumar goes mango plucking for daughter
- Demi Moore, daughter look identical in new image
- When Martin Sheen felt 'powerless'
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan!
- Zayn Malik spends 'a lot of time in kitchen'
- Adah Sharma meets with accident, hospitalised
- Revealed: First look of Salman Khan in`Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Watch: Ranveer Singh in 'Hunger Ki Bajao' video!
- See pics: Riteish, Genelia with their little bundle of joy 'Riaan'!
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- Ashish Juneja to enter 'Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar'
- `New Girl` actor Max Greenfield roped in for `American Horror Story: Hotel`
- 'American Idol' Carrie Underwood thanks show for stardom
- Indian-American first vegetarian contestant on 'MasterChef US'
- `Running Wild With Bear Grylls` ropes in Kate Winslet, Kate Hudson
- Lady Gaga goes blonde for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'Gilmore Girls' reunion on the cards?
- 'Agent Carter' season 2 will consist of 10 episodes: Atwell
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes