Mitch Winehouse feels late daughter`s presence
London: Mitch Winehouse, who lost his singer-daughter Amy to alcohol poisoning in 2011, says he still feels her presence around him.
Mitch Winehouse said he can still sense Amy is close by and hears her words of encouragement whenever he takes to the stage, reportedly.
"She`s standing next to me, every time I go out on that stage. She`s there all right, I feel her, sense her. She`s in here now saying, `Just get on with it, Dad`. I`m always speaking to her, all day, every day," he said.
Although Mitch says life is still difficult without the 27-year-old `Back To Black` hitmaker, he believes establishing his charity, the Amy Winehouse Foundation, which trains recovering addicts to go into schools and speak of their experiences, has made him a better man.
"Before she passed I wasn`t very industrious but now I`m a different person. It changed my life. After Amy died, I wanted to do something that mattered, which is how the Amy Winehouse Foundation came about.
"Who would have thought that three years on we would have achieved so much? I know Amy is very proud. She would not have wanted us to wallow in grief," Mitch said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!