Mitch Winehouse feels late daughter`s presence
London: Mitch Winehouse, who lost his singer-daughter Amy to alcohol poisoning in 2011, says he still feels her presence around him.
Mitch Winehouse said he can still sense Amy is close by and hears her words of encouragement whenever he takes to the stage, reportedly.
"She`s standing next to me, every time I go out on that stage. She`s there all right, I feel her, sense her. She`s in here now saying, `Just get on with it, Dad`. I`m always speaking to her, all day, every day," he said.
Although Mitch says life is still difficult without the 27-year-old `Back To Black` hitmaker, he believes establishing his charity, the Amy Winehouse Foundation, which trains recovering addicts to go into schools and speak of their experiences, has made him a better man.
"Before she passed I wasn`t very industrious but now I`m a different person. It changed my life. After Amy died, I wanted to do something that mattered, which is how the Amy Winehouse Foundation came about.
"Who would have thought that three years on we would have achieved so much? I know Amy is very proud. She would not have wanted us to wallow in grief," Mitch said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushant Singh Rajput wants to work with Kangana Ranaut
- Shahid Kapoor gave EPIC reply to all those asking about his 'Padmavati' look!
- Anushka Sharma mesmerised by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s persona, not just her beauty
- 'Dad's Army' creator Jimmy Perry dies at 93
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are filmy 'cutie pies' in NEW SONG!
- Diwali 2016 schedule: Festivals and significance
- Diwali 2016: Wondering what clothes to buy for kids? Check out the dos and don'ts
- Diwali 2016: Here’s how you can stay fit during festive season
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Parents' online posts about children may turn risky: reveals study