MJ`s drug addiction secrets revealed
London: Michael Jackson spent years hiding his "deepest darkest" drug secrets from the world, a court has been told.
According to concert promoters, the King of Pop even kept his addiction to powerful anaesthetic propofol a secret from his own family, the Daily Star reported.
Michael`s mother and kids have sued tour organisers AEG for 25 billion dollars, claiming that the company worked Michael to death.
But AEG insists that the singer`s long-running drug addiction led to his demise due to overdose in 2009 and not his heavy workload.
The firm said that it had not known that Michael was hooked on the prescription drug when it signed him up for a comeback tour.
Their lawyer Marvin Putnam said that while the world may not have heard of propofol, Michael certainly had and had been using that drug for many years.
He told jurors that there were "two separate Michaels", the public pop star and the private drug addict.
He asserted that Michael was very good at hiding his addiction and didn`t let anyone see it, neither his staff nor his kids.
He warned that the three-week trial would dredge up "some ugly stuff," hinting that Michael`s drug habits started from his 2005 acquittal on child molestation charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We were small rungs in the ladder of Amitabh Bachchan's success: Rishi Kapoor
- 'Commando 2' poster: Vidyut Jammwal is blinded by money
- Jackie Chan, Sonu Sood's 'Kung Fu Yoga' trailer is the most action-packed thing you will WATCH today!
- Zahara Jolie-Pitt's biological mother seeks access to her?
- Really inspired by what Deepika, Priyanka are doing: Dev Patel