Mosquito flies into Taiwan TV news, chokes anchor

Taipei: A Taiwanese television presenter was hospitalised after a mosquito flew into her mouth, choking her and interrupting her live broadcast of a news programme.

The mosquito got so deep into Huang Ching`s mouth that it was stuck in her windpipe, touching off severe asthma, China Times media group said today.

China Television Co had to urgently put on a four-minute advert while it drafted in a replacement presenter to carry on with the news.

"I never expected a mosquito to have such a great power. It really gave me a bad day," Huang said after recovering from last week`s unlikely interruption.

The senior anchor spent a day in hospital.

Bureau Report


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link