Mulligan finds lack of good female roles in films
Los Angeles: Actress Carey Mulligan was happy to take on a role in stage show “Skylight” because of the lack of brilliant female roles in film.
The 28-year-old is returning to London`s West End after a seven-year hiatus to star alongside Bill Nighy in a revival of playwright David Hare`s “Skylight”. She says it`s because she couldn`t pass up the chance to take on the lead role, reports contactmusic.com.
"There are so few brilliantly written female characters out there and she`s (the character is) such a great opportunity,” she said.
Since her last theatre appearance in “The Seagull” in 2007, the “Inside Llewyn Davis” actress has won numerous awards for her roles in films such as “An Education” and “Never Let Me Go”, but she`s confessed the storyline of her latest project persuaded her to return to the stage.
"I was drawn to the intimacy of it, and how it was so focussed on one conversation and how two people who have history both see the same event,” she said.
"The challenge of filling that stage for one and half hours, going head to head with one actor and of having to find new experiences with the same material night after night and figure out more stuff about it. It`s very exciting,” she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated