My heart goes out to Shia LaBeouf: Mel Gibson
Los Angeles: Mel Gibson has spoken out in support of troubled star Shia LaBeouf, saying his "heart goes out to the poor guy".
LaBeouf`s recent behaviour led him being arrested at a Broadway performance of Cabaret last month, reportedly.
Speaking about LaBeouf, he said, "It`s a hard world. You`re under a microscope. The loss of personal anonymity forever is a hard pill to swallow. You don`t get an opportunity to put the toothpaste back in the tube. It never goes back in.
"You`re a target. And you have to be really adept at tap dancing and dodging the bullets. And sometimes you get hit, and sometimes mortally. It`s pretty bad."
The `Transformers` star is now seeking treatment for alcohol addiction. Gibson, who has previously struggled with alcohol addiction himself, added that LaBeouf must be "suffering" to have behaved the way he has in recent weeks.
"People are inclined to sort of point the finger at him and say that he`s this, that, or the other. It`s easy to judge. But I`m sure he`s going through some kind of personal, very painful, cathartic thing that he has to exorcise and get out there," he said.
Despite LaBeouf`s problems, Gibson said that he is confident. "He`ll be all right. I actually like the kid. I think he`s good. I`ve never met him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!