My mother is my main inspiration: Gemma Arterton
London: Actress Gemma Arterton says her mother Sally-Anne is the biggest inspiration in her life and taught her lessons that have served her well in adulthood.
The 27-year-old British actress insists her mother, who brought her up alone after divorcing Gemma`s father when she was five, says she learnt about hard work and the importance of being yourself from her mother, reported Daily Mirror.
"I have to thank my mother for giving me confidence. She brought up me and my sister on her own and never talked about any problems. I really appreciate how one woman could work hard and be a great mum at the same time," Arterton said.
"My mum Sally worked at two jobs, as a cleaner and seamstress ... I am no campaigning feminist, but just seeing her set an example makes me convinced that women can do anything so long as they have belief in themselves ... Her ability to look after and protect my sister and myself made us always feel optimistic about life. It allowed me to make decisions, both good and bad, and not feel restricted," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala