My mother raised me to be independent: Sandra Bullock
London:`Gravity` star Sandra Bullock says her mother always asked her to be a woman who does not need a man`s support to make a living.
The 49-year-old actress, who has a three year-old adopted son Louis, thinks she might have taken her mother`s advice to an extreme, reported Daily Express.
"My mother raised me not to depend on a man for anything. I may have taken that to extremes," Bullock said.
The actress, who is currently a single mother to Louis following her divorce from Jessie James over cheating, was afraid of failures.
"I was afraid of being a failure, of not having the best time or of being chicken," she said.
Bullocks constantly worried to be successful.
"I used to get out of bed sometimes and feel depressed and watched a lot of reruns on TV to get over it. I should have allowed myself to be a little more human and not worry about trying to be a superwoman," she said.
"On some days I woke up thinking I was garbage. On others that I was a great person. If a therapist had got hold of me they would have had a field day," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!