My son is heaven on toast: Charlize Theron
Los Angeles: Actress Charlize Theron, who is heavily involved with her charity works, says her work became even more meaningful after adopting Jackson.
Theron, 38, was recently honoured for her philanthropic work at Variety`s Power of Women luncheon, reported E! online.
"It`s definitely different, because you start thinking about the legacy that you want to leave behind for your child... I want him to be proud of me in a way that`s authentic.
"That he could look at what I`ve done with my life and think that in an authentic way that was meaningful," she said.
The actress also got emotional while accepting her Power of Women award and talking about her own mother.
"It`s impossible for me to accept this award because there`s someone here so much more powerful than me. I hope you`re OK with me giving this award to my mom," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali