Name-changing spree on Facebook
Melbourne: A survey has revealed that several young people are on a name-changing spree on Facebook in order to escape their digital footprint.
Google chief executive was right when he predicted that kids of the future would change their names to escape online evidence of a wild youth.
A new survey of more than 1000 Australians has found that 8 per cent would consider changing their name to escape their digital footprint, reports a website.
And the surprising bit is – most of them are youngsters – 14 percent of those between 18 and 25 said they’d consider changing their name, while less than 3 per cent of those over 60 said they would.
The survey was commissioned by One Path, formerly ING Australia.
Professor Matthew Allen of Curtin University said the results indicate that online privacy had suddenly assumed important proportions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles