Narendra Modi thanks Prasoon, Aadesh, Sukhwinder for BJP anthem
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: Hours after senior BJP leader Arjun Jaitley launched the party`s campaign anthem for Lok Sabha elections, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday night took to Twitter to thank the composer, lyricist and singer for their contribution.
"Main desh nahin jhukne doonga (I will not let the country bow down)" is the tagline of the anthem titled ‘Saugandh’, which is sung in Modi`s voice while the remaining portion of the song is sung by popular singer Sukhwinder Singh. The anthem is penned by Prasoon Joshi and composed by Aadesh Shrivastava.
On microblogging website Twitter, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi wrote: “I thank Prasoon Joshi, Aadesh Shrivastava & Sukhwinder Singh for their efforts in the making of the Anthem (sic).
Modi also described what the anthem stood for. He wrote, “BJP`s campaign anthem gives clarion call to unite & take India on path of progress, freeing our nation from prevailing mood of despondency (sic).”
Saugandh -- a pledge to the nation, highlights the mood of despondency in the country and a collective pledge to ensure that the country is firmly in the path of progress.
The campaign has been adapted for radio, television and other media and the song will be played at BJP rallies, public meetings starting with Bharat Vijay rally today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row