New Twitter account casts Taylor Swift as feminist
London: A new Twitter account that re-imagines Taylor Swift as a feminist has amassed 80,000 followers in six days.
The account, FeministTaylorSwift (@feministtswift), is the brainchild of self-proclaimed feminist and Taylor Swift fan Clara Beyer, who is the senior linguistics major at Brown University, ABC News reported.
She studied the pop star`s lyrics with a feminist slant while addressing issues of sexism, gender roles and female empowerment.
"We`re happy, free, confused, and oppressed by the patriarchy at the same time / It`s miserable and magical / Oh yeah!" is one of Beyer`s rewrites.
Beyer said that she is not the only one who enjoys Swifts`s music but feels uncomfortable with some of the messages.
She launched the Twitter account on June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri special: Day 1 - Worship Maa Shailputri for good fortune
- What's Aditya Chopra's special plan for wife Rani Mukerji?
- Watch: Pooja Misrra creates ruckus, beats store staff in Delhi’s Karol Bagh
- Playboy says ‘NO’ to nudity - Magazine will not carry photos of naked women
- Sonu Nigam refutes news about being snubbed by Salman Khan