New York to celebrate Holi on docked ship
New York: Peking Ship, a 377-foot ship docked against the picturesque backdrop of Wall Street and the Brooklyn Bridge here, will play host to "Rang Barse", an exclusive event to celebrate Holi, the Indian festival of colours.
The March 19 event celebrating the commencement of spring with Holi revelers throwing coloured powder and coloured water at each other is being organised for the fourth year by IN Group, a New York-based event management company along with the Seaport Museum New York.
The celebrations will feature food, drinks, unlimited "rang" (coloured powder), the South Asian fusion sounds of DJ Jay Dabhi, traditional Indian dhol (drum) players, and a special Bollywood-style performance by Dhoonya Dance Group.
"Holi is all about new beginnings by welcoming spring with a colourful `spring in your step,`" says Rohika Hardas of IN Group.
"People come here as strangers but leave as friends, and we`re providing a safe, enjoyable environment for all of our guests who want to start a new season with a little colour in their lives."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- Fitness goals! See how Akshay Kumar celebrated 'International handstand day'
- Vikram Bhatt sues Kamaal R Khan for defamation
- Quiz master Neil O'Brien is dead