Nicola Roberts wants to see more women in business
London: `Girls Aloud` star Nicola Roberts says she wants government officials to provide loans and assistance to female entrepreneurs trying to launch their own companies.
The 26-year-old singer, who owns a make-up range, has urged British politicians to do more to help women break into the business world, The Sun online reported.
"I find it hard to believe we`re in the 21st century and we`re having to encourage women into business. Surely by now we should be on an equal footing with men in all careers? I don`t see why there should be a divide.
"Maybe women aren`t as confident as men about getting into business. Or maybe there`s a perception that women feel business is a male-dominated world...," she said.
Roberts insists she is proud of how much she has learned about business since starting up her own make-up range.
"I am passionate about the brand and I know every product inside out. I have learned a lot too, such as how to pitch my product to stores... I think that surprised some of the retailers. There have been frustrating times too, such as when logistics stump creativity," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing