Norway schools change exam schedule as Justin Bieber performs
London: Five schools in Norway have been forced to alter their exam dates out of fear that students won`t be able to focus when Justin Bieber comes to town to perform.
The Canadian singer will be in Norway performing for his Believe tour on April 16 and 17.
Secondary schools in western Norway have altered their spring exam schedule fearing their students will be too hysterical to focus, reported Contactmusic.
"I am concerned that students should be concentrating when they take tests and mid-terms. The local schools have the responsibility to schedule the local mid-terms, and if they think there is any reason to change the dates, they have authority to do so. We`ve all been 14-years-old, and know that interests can be intense," said Kristin Halvorsen, education minister.
The government is also fearful that the `Boyfriend` hitmaker will cause another dangerous stampede after fans stormed the place during his visit last year.
Almost 50 teenage girls were injured in a crush to see their idol perform at a one-off gig.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film