Not leaving France over tax dispute: Monica Bellucci
London: Actress Monica Bellucci insists that her planned move from France to Brazil has nothing to do with an upcoming tax hike which prompted actor Gerard Depardieu to flee the European country.
Depardieu recently moved to neighbouring Belgium and accepted Russian citizenship after criticising politicians in France over plans to implement a 75 per cent tax on the country`s most wealthy residents.
Bellucci, 48, has lived in Paris for many years with her French actor husband Vincent Cassel, but they recently purchased a property in Brazil, prompting fears she too has decided to move abroad to avoid the new tax rates, reported Contactmusic.
However, the Italian actress insisted they are emigrating to Brazil because they both fell in love with the country many years ago and decided to make a change.
"I fell in love with (this country) 18 years ago. All the places in the world have their problems but I love the way you react to yours - with poetry... Maybe in five years time I will return to Rome, my favourite city, but now my place is here, on the beach, watching people on the streets and feeling the energy of the sea."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan takes home his new car!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Emma Roberts to return for 'Scream Queens 2'
- Oh so sweet! 'Special visitor' Ranveer Singh meets Deepika Padukone in Toronto! - See pic
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Hug Day' in this unique way!