Now wake up at the crack of a ‘fake’ dawn!
London: Ever looked outside on a wintry morning and sidled back into bed feeling lackluster? Now, a British firm has created an alarm clock that creates an artificial dawn to drive your blues away.
The device, according to the firm, cures depressive illness SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) – a depression brought on by a lack of light.
“Simply set the time you need to be awake and choose your sunrise length – 15, 20, 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes,” The Daily Express quoted a spokesman from Cambridge-based Lumie, as saying.
“The light inside Bodyclock Active will gradually start to brighten up over your chosen sunrise length to provide you with your own personal sunrise. By the desired wake-up time, the light will be at its full brightness and you will have woken up naturally and gently, the way nature intended,” he added.
The firm claimed this benefits a person’s body clock so you wake up feeling refreshed at the time of your choosing. You can also choose a dawn chorus of birdsong or roosters crowing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karishma Tanna breaks silence on breakup with Upen Patel! - Read here
- Photo alert! Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra’s latest still from 'Baar Baar Dekho' is dayum hot
- Box Office report: Varun Dhawan, John Abraham's 'Dishoom' mints Rs 11.05 crore on opening day
- Sunny Deol my most favourite: Preity Zinta
- Singer Olly Murs hates being single
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Hilarious: 'Monsoon Song' aptly showcases all the things you feel about monsoons! - Watch
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover