Octavia Spencer to be honoured with a day
London: Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer is set to be honoured with her own day in her native Alabama. The 39-year-old will be feted by Governor Robert Bentley and Montgomery Mayor Todd Strange on March 21, which will be proclaimed Octavia Spencer Day, reported a website.
"Hey y`all. I`m thrilled to say that on Wed 3/21 I will be in Montgomery addressing the State Leg. Thanks to Rep Hubbard!!! Come out and see me if you can!," Spencer wrote on her Facebook page.
The actress, who won an Oscar for her performance in ‘The Help’, will be welcomed into the State Legislature with a musical salute performed by the band from her alma mater, Jefferson Davis High School, on the steps of the State House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Daddy's girl! Bipasha Basu showers birthday wishes on papa dearest! – View pic
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- Cold war between Bollywood buddies Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt - All you need to know
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez impersonating Lisa Haydon will make you ROFL-- Watch
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax