New Delhi: After home, office is the only place where you spend most of your time. And, it wouldn’t be a shocker if you develop a crush on your colleague. But, approaching your special one at the workplace and pursuing an office romance is undoubtedly the most complicated thing.
You need to be a lot more cautious while dealing with lovey-dovey emotions at the office. After all, it can put your whole career at stake sometimes.
Here, we bring to you some of the dos and don'ts of office romance:
- Set ground rules: It is the most important thing if you are indulging in an office romance. Every office has different HR policies and work cultures, so don’t do something that violates the norms and puts your job in jeopardy.
- Strictly no PDA: Come on, the office isn’t a place to display affection. Healthy flirting and adorably romantic gestures can still be accepted, but PDA is something that can directly tarnish your image in the industry. Also, rumours spread faster than fire, remember?
- Be ready with excuses: If you ever get caught or even enter late after the lunch, be ready with a bunch of brilliant excuses. This list of excuses will help you recover from the worst of disasters.
- Trust issues: No, we are not talking about your bae here. Instead, you must judge your colleagues based on the trust factor. It is not advisable to disclose your relationship to all your office-mates. Always remember that this can be used against you for personal benefit of your colleagues.
- Put professionalism first: No matter what happens, be a professional first. During office hours, work must always be your priority.