New Delhi: Men should focus on the fit, keep it simple and avoid wearing shirts or T-shirts with big logos to look chic, says an expert.
Samresh Das, designer and stylist of Numero UNO for menswear, suggests how:
* This is the most important thing to keep in mind. A good fitting is the first thing that anyone notices in whatever you are wearing. Understand your body structure and go for the perfect fit. Never go for extreme fit, as it can ruin the overall look and style.
* Everyone wants a wardrobe that looks good on them, but never overdo it. Do not wear too much jewellery or more than three colours. If you want to look classy and trendy at the same time, a simple white shirt, a dark pair of jeans, a casual belt with a nice pair of sneakers or loafers will do.
* Your top and bottom halves need to match. If you are wearing a rugged knit tee, your bottom needs to be rugged, too. Never wear chunky tees with casual pants. Wristbands create a cool style statements if paired with T-shirts, casual shirts and denims.
* Classy shoes is one thing that people notice, especially how clean and sharp they look. Stand out in the crowd and show that you are a man of taste by getting a great pair of Brouges.
* Avoid wearing shirts or T-shirts with big logos, as you will end up looking like a walking billboard. Instead go for a classic V-neck tee or something artsy.
* Beware of buying something just because it is “in” right now. Just stick to what you truly like. A lot of people rush to get in on the latest trend and end up with a bunch of clothes they do not ever wear. It is better to learn to build a versatile and timeless wardrobe first and then bring in your own twists with some new fashion tricks.