Oliver Stone visits Julian Assange at Ecuadorian embassy
London: Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone has visited WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian embassy here.
The 66-year-old `Born on the Fourth of July` filmmaker met with the controversial whistle blower and later took to his Twitter page to detail their "hopeful talk", reported Daily Express.
"It was also a sad occasion in that Julian could not follow me out the door. He lives in a tiny room with great modesty and discipline. (He has a) strong mind, no sun, friends who visit, work to be done," Stone tweeted.
Assange has been living in Ecuador`s embassy in the UK capital since June as he battles extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted over allegations he sexually assaulted two women.
Stone also blasted a string of upcoming films about Assange, including `The Fifth Estate`, which will star Benedict Cumberbatch as the Australian, as well as Alex Gibney`s documentary, `We Steal Secrets`.
"One documentary coming out from Alex Gibney that is not expected to be kind. Another film from Dreamworks which is also going to be unfriendly... I don`t think most people in the US realise how important Wikileaks is and why Julian`s case needs support. Julian Assange did much for free speech and is now being victimised by the abusers of that concept," Stone said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Love is a magical addiction: Ranbir Kapoor
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Bollywood celebrities add weight to skin colour debate
- Leonardo DiCaprio planning 'secret wedding' with Nina Agdal
- Zee Entertainment announces foray into radio
- Relax! Humans need more rest for better well-being
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!
- Navratri 2016 calendar: Worship goddess Durga and her nine avatars on each day