New Delhi: From dressing in traditional attire to adding some trendy twist to the ethnic ensemble, on this Onam make sure you celebrate the harvest festival with style, says an expert.
Sherin Thomas, Managing Director of Bluelilys.com, lists some styles that you can try.
* Demure look: This style relies on simplicity to evoke the eternal beauty in a woman. To achieve this look, pick an off-white Kerala sari or set mundu with plain gold zari. Pair it with the traditional coin necklace/pendant and earrings in real gold, and rest assured, you will exude the beauty of the divine goddess.
* Bejewelled beauty: Add a pop of colour to your costumes and celebrations with this look. Pick a sari with border in contrast colour and gold, and team it up with a silk blouse of the same combination. Accessorise with necklace, earrings, and bangles in rubies, emeralds, or coloured stones, and achieve that head turning look at any celebration.
* Eco- chic belle: Lend an eco-friendly, chic twist to your Onam celebrations by opting for printed Kasavu saris. Choose from multiple options like a sari with attached kalamkari border, hand block printed paisley motifs, or hand painted Lord Krishna designs. Pair your six yard wonder with painted terracotta jewellery, and you're ready to make waves with the new-age ethnic look.
* Neo-modern look: Flaunt a classy, film star like look with this style. Opt for a Kerala sari in silk tissue and pair it with a golden blouse in lace, cutwork, or sequins. Accessorise with statement earrings in gold, white stones, and pearl. Keep your neck jewellery free, and let your collar bones do all the style talk.
* Desi girl: For women who detest the ordeal of having to drape a sari and carrying it with finesse, fashionistas of today have the perfect solution - a salwar set made from the Kasavu sari. Pick a salwar or Anarkali suit with extensive golden zari work on the body, and pair it with gold jhumkas or kundan styled jewellery, and rock the royal style with ease.