One Direction to donate 200,000 pounds for charity
London: One Direction band members have announced that they will support a charity organisation, Stand Up To Cancer by donating 200,000 pounds from ticket sales of their 2014 stadium tour.
The band members - Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Niall Horan and Zayn Malik are also planning to add more dates to the tour if the first ones sell out.
"We`re so proud to be supporting Stand Up To Cancer while touring the Britain and Ireland," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Payne as saying.
"Cancer affects nearly everyone at some point in their lives so we all need to do what we can to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. The organisation is all about bringing people together as a collective force and we hope our fans will get involved too," he said.
The band members will be touring in Dublin, Sunderland, Manchester, Edinburgh and London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'