Oscar Wilde home on sale
Moscow: Famous English writer Oscar Wilde`s family house on Tite Street in London`s Chelsea has been put up for sale for 1.15 million pounds, realty firm Savills, the auction organiser, said Thursday.
Wilde lived in the house with his wife and two sons for 11 years in the late 19th century.
"It was here, in his library, that Wilde wrote some of his best known works including `The Picture of Dorian Gray`, `An Ideal Husband` and `The Importance of Being Earnest`," Savills said in a statement.
The property has recently undergone an extensive renovation by the current owner Myce Lee, an interior designer who transformed the two bedroom apartment into "an open living environment with rooms that flow into each other".
Wilde`s library is now a bedroom and the property also includes an elegant reception room with high ceilings and an open-plan kitchen.
In the late 19th century, Chelsea was home to London`s bohemian quarter, popular with painters and poets. Wilde`s famous neighbours on Tite Street would have once included artists John Singer Sargent and James McNeill Whistler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- These cheesy pick-up lines will surely help you impress your crush!
- Women still banned in this ancient Greek monastery, but why?– Read more
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?