Oscar Wilde home on sale
Moscow: Famous English writer Oscar Wilde`s family house on Tite Street in London`s Chelsea has been put up for sale for 1.15 million pounds, realty firm Savills, the auction organiser, said Thursday.
Wilde lived in the house with his wife and two sons for 11 years in the late 19th century.
"It was here, in his library, that Wilde wrote some of his best known works including `The Picture of Dorian Gray`, `An Ideal Husband` and `The Importance of Being Earnest`," Savills said in a statement.
The property has recently undergone an extensive renovation by the current owner Myce Lee, an interior designer who transformed the two bedroom apartment into "an open living environment with rooms that flow into each other".
Wilde`s library is now a bedroom and the property also includes an elegant reception room with high ceilings and an open-plan kitchen.
In the late 19th century, Chelsea was home to London`s bohemian quarter, popular with painters and poets. Wilde`s famous neighbours on Tite Street would have once included artists John Singer Sargent and James McNeill Whistler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali