Oxford and Cambridge Univ fight over Becks
London: Oxford and Cambridge universities are reportedly at loggerheads trying to get David Beckham to be a guest speaker at their unions.
According to a source, the universities think the 36-year-old football star would be an inspiration to the students because of his unique career.
“David may not seem the most likely candidate but the unions are squabbling with each other to get him,” the Mirror quoted the source as saying.
“His career is unique and they think he would be an inspiration to students. Neither wants to back down so the other can snap him up,” the source stated.
The unions don’t pay for the rich and famous to attend, however, they are now ready to cover expenses for Beckham.
“They don’t fork out because they believe the prestige is enough. But they are happy to cover expenses,” the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Brooklyn' named best British movie at BAFTA film awards
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!