Padma Lakshmi admits she struggles as a single mother
London: Padma Lakshmi, who has a successful TV career and a beautiful daughter, has admitted that even she struggles to find a balance between her career and parenting duties toward her two-year-old daughter Krishna Thea.
The ‘Top Chef’ host said that she is often overwhelmed by the end of it.
“I have struggled with it. It’s not easy, but I have a great career, and I have my daughter. So what I don`t have is not as important to me as what I do have,” the Daily Mail quoted her as telling More magazine.
Lakshmi admitted, “it does get overwhelming sometimes,” but said she copes by reading magazines and newspapers after she puts her child to bed at night.
“The other thing that is a good stress reliever is going to the gym, but I haven`t made it there in, like, two months. I’m like a foie gras goose fatted up!” she said.
According to reports, the 42-year-old is not short of any financial or parental support.
Although DNA tests proved that her former partner, venture capitalist Adam Dell, is the biological father of daughter Thea, her late boyfriend billionaire Teddy Forstmann set up a trust fund for Krishna before his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ