Padma Lakshmi joins crusade to safeguard NYC`s `green spaces`
New York:` Top Chef ` host Padma Lakshmi has lent her support to the legal fight against NYU`s controversial expansion plan.
The 42-year-old slipped into one of the last available seats in a Manhattan courtroom packed with activists who claim the school`s blueprints will illegally eliminate vital green space in Greenwich Village, the New York Post reported.
She revealed the reason for supporting the cause saying that being a mother, she was concerned that there`s not a lot of places to play downtown.
Nearly a dozen community groups are suing the city for approving NYU`s 6-billion-dollar, 20-year plan to erect four massive buildings, adding 1.9 million square feet of new classrooms, dorms and a gym.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telegu-Hindi actress involved in high profile prostitution racket bust in Goa
- Pakistani model Ayyan Ali's bail plea rejected
- Bobby Flay becomes first chef to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- The more you shop, the more you are tempted to make unplanned purchases
- Twitter bot stands for Caitlyn Jenner by correcting users who misgender her