Pamela Anderson to run New York marathon
Los Angeles: Former `Baywatch` star Pamela Anderson will be running in this year`s New York City Marathon.
The 46-year-old ‘Barb Wire’ star is currently in training for the big run after signing up to pound the streets of the Big Apple and raise funds for Sean Penn`s J/P Haitian Relief Organisation, reported E! online.
"I`ve never taken on a physical challenge like this but I am willing to do something to show my dedication. It is incomparable to the struggle people (there) face.
"I didn`t just want to be the kiss at the finish line. I wanted to do more and if I can raise USD 500,000, it is going to be a blessing to Haiti," Anderson said.
"I`ve been a supporter of JP from the early stages. In the last few years I have become more involved. If you go to Haiti, you fall in love. It is intoxicating."
Anderson will join five Haitian marathon runners as part of J/P Hro`s The Long Run for Haiti campaign - the athletes, Astrel Clovis, Petrus Cesarion, Jean Macksony, Bertine Laine, and Carline Lamour will all be making their first-ever visits to the United States when they take part in the marathon alongside the actress/model.
Penn set up the J/P Haitian Relief Organisation in the wake of an earthquake, which devastated the nation and left thousands homeless in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Hot and sexy to the hilt – Nargis Fakhri on sizzling magazine covers
- Commercial cinema doesn't need me: Manoj Bajpayee
- Controversies, legal battle – What are they? Kangana Ranaut at her happiest best – See pics
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- 50 Cent apologises after mocking autistic airport janitor
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!