Pamela Anderson to run New York marathon
Los Angeles: Former `Baywatch` star Pamela Anderson will be running in this year`s New York City Marathon.
The 46-year-old ‘Barb Wire’ star is currently in training for the big run after signing up to pound the streets of the Big Apple and raise funds for Sean Penn`s J/P Haitian Relief Organisation, reported E! online.
"I`ve never taken on a physical challenge like this but I am willing to do something to show my dedication. It is incomparable to the struggle people (there) face.
"I didn`t just want to be the kiss at the finish line. I wanted to do more and if I can raise USD 500,000, it is going to be a blessing to Haiti," Anderson said.
"I`ve been a supporter of JP from the early stages. In the last few years I have become more involved. If you go to Haiti, you fall in love. It is intoxicating."
Anderson will join five Haitian marathon runners as part of J/P Hro`s The Long Run for Haiti campaign - the athletes, Astrel Clovis, Petrus Cesarion, Jean Macksony, Bertine Laine, and Carline Lamour will all be making their first-ever visits to the United States when they take part in the marathon alongside the actress/model.
Penn set up the J/P Haitian Relief Organisation in the wake of an earthquake, which devastated the nation and left thousands homeless in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic