Parents should be role models: Daniel Radcliffe
London: ‘Harry Potter’ star Daniel Radcliffe feels that children should take inspiration from their parents rather than from an actor.
The 24-year-old actor, who has previously spoken about his struggles with alcohol, said he gets annoyed when stars are criticised for their behaviour as he believes it is solely down to a parent to set a good example for their children, reported Contactmusic.
"I always get annoyed when people judge actors over their choices in life, because you just go, `You`ve got no right`. And if they say, `Oh they should be a role model for my kids`, you go, `Why aren`t you? Why can`t you, as a parent, be a role model for your kids? That`s actually your job.`
"So I do get annoyed by people slagging people off for not being upstanding enough. Everyone makes mistakes," he said.
Radcliffe even admits he has some regrets about his conduct in the past, both personally and professionally.
"I`m not someone who a lot of people would see as having failed particularly, but I do. When I look at some films - the sixth `Harry Potter` is one - I think I missed opportunities. Even on `The Woman In Black` I saw moments I wasn`t happy with."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy