Peaches Geldof died of heroin overdose: Coroner
Los Angeles: Late model and TV journalist Peaches Geldof died of heroin overdose, said a coroner.
According to a leading news website, Geldof had been receiving treatment for heroin addiction for the past two-and-a-half-year, and had been taking the substitute drug methadone. She relapsed and began taking the class A drug again two months before she died, the inquest heard.
The inquest, held in Gravesend, Kent, was told that there was codeine, methadone and morphine in Geldof`s blood, the latter coming from heroin, and that the levels were within the fatal range.
On the bed next to where she was found dead on 7 April was "a small clear coloured cap thought to have come from a syringe" and a pair of knotted black tights. Under the bed was "a dessert spoon … with visible burn marks on the underside and a small amount of a brown residue".
Large quantities of "importation quality heroin" were also found.
The coroner noted that the drugs were 61 percent pure, considerably higher than the usual 25 percent of street-grade heroin, making it more dangerous, particularly for someone whose tolerance was low.
Roger Hatch, the coroner, concluded that the cause of the 25-year-old`s death was opiate intoxication.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!