Peaches Geldof died of heroin overdose: Coroner
Los Angeles: Late model and TV journalist Peaches Geldof died of heroin overdose, said a coroner.
According to a leading news website, Geldof had been receiving treatment for heroin addiction for the past two-and-a-half-year, and had been taking the substitute drug methadone. She relapsed and began taking the class A drug again two months before she died, the inquest heard.
The inquest, held in Gravesend, Kent, was told that there was codeine, methadone and morphine in Geldof`s blood, the latter coming from heroin, and that the levels were within the fatal range.
On the bed next to where she was found dead on 7 April was "a small clear coloured cap thought to have come from a syringe" and a pair of knotted black tights. Under the bed was "a dessert spoon … with visible burn marks on the underside and a small amount of a brown residue".
Large quantities of "importation quality heroin" were also found.
The coroner noted that the drugs were 61 percent pure, considerably higher than the usual 25 percent of street-grade heroin, making it more dangerous, particularly for someone whose tolerance was low.
Roger Hatch, the coroner, concluded that the cause of the 25-year-old`s death was opiate intoxication.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CONFIRMED! Sunny Leone bags film opposite Arbaaz Khan, feels 'fortunate'
- Killer moves! Lauren Gottlieb headstands like a pro—See pic
- Here's what Mangeshkar sisters have to say about Tanmay Bhat's controversial video!
- Play this quiz to know if your are really that smart!
- Oh Bond! Daniel Craig to work with THIS Bollywood director?