People in Los Angeles make bad choices: Leonardo DiCaprio
London: Leonardo DiCaprio says people in Los Angeles often make wrong choices as they get swayed by temptations offered by the Hollywood city.
The 39-year-old actor said the city is not that appalling if one tries to make the right decisions, reported Contactmusic.
"I grew up in Los Angeles, I was born in Hollywood, so I`ve seen firsthand the destructive nature of that town and how people are intoxicated by their own self-importance and surrounded by temptation on a daily basis," DiCaprio said.
"I wouldn`t say it was a dangerous place but there`s all sorts of choices in life and I`ve always tried to focus on one thing. No matter how much talent you have you have to be in the right place in the right time," he added.
Even though the heartthrob has had an acclaimed movie career, he could has never win an Academy Award. He wishes to win one someday.
"Anyone is a liar if they say they don`t want a reward or good reviews for their performance," he said.
"But I`ve come to realise you have absolutely no control over what people think of your film, and they can tell you something to your face and then you realise they must have voted differently," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra wishes to grow up like her grandmother
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets miffed with paparazzi for hurting daughter Aaradhya – Watch video
- Sweet! Is this how Ranbir Kapoor trying to win Katrina Kaif back?
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
- Does Ganesha really ride a mouse?
- Oh boy! Have you seen a three-legged dog? Watch short film which tells a touching tale
- Ever wondered what you really are? Take quiz now!
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Vasant Panchami: Pay tribute to Goddess Saraswati by singing this Aarti song