People needed a break from me: Anne Hathaway
Los Angeles: Actress Anne Hathaway says she disappeared for a year following her Oscar win last year because she thought people needed a break from her.
The actress was criticised during the run up to the Oscars for coming out as earnest during her award speechs.
Hathaway, 31, said she decided to return with her new film `Song One`, which premiered at this year`s Sundance Festival, because she got the opportunity to work with her friends and colleagues, reported E! online.
"We had been working on the script for two years before we actually started shooting. All of the elements came together in that moment. I don`t want to bring up a sore subject or anything? I think my publicist is probably like, `No, no no` ? but I had just taken a little bit of a beating from the Internet," she said.
Directed by Kate Barker-Froyland, the film also stars Mary Steenburgen and Johnny Flynn.
"And it was the greatest thing in the world to get to work with my friends and get to go to work every day and bring Kate`s vision to life, which is a vision that I believe in. I felt like it was really cool. I felt like I had a secret."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated