PETA slams Gaga for putting jewellery on her pet
Los Angeles: Pop star Lady Gaga has come under fire from animal rights activists PETA, who have criticised the singer for putting jewellery on her pet dog.
Campaigners at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have taken aim at the singer after she shared a number of pictures showing her French Bulldog, Asia, draped in sparkly necklaces, bracelets and clipped on earrings, reportedly.
The photos, which were posted on Gaga`s Instagram page, have sparked outrage among some animal lovers.
"Lady Gaga may choose to decorate herself with elaborate and even uncomfortable outfits, but Asia doesn`t get to make that choice... Although it seems pretty clear that Lady Gaga loves Asia, we think Asia - and all dogs - are adorable without all the added flair.
"The best accessory for any dog is a comfortable, secure, well-fitting harness, which is perfect for long walks together," a representative for PETA told a leading magazine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?